Our Mission Statement
The Fun & Fit Wellness Center is committed to educating our patient population on preventing the onset or progression of weight-related chronic diseases by promoting healthy lifestyle changes. We provide easily accessible local and general resources based on current nutrition, physical activity, and sleep guidelines.
Working Towards a Healthier Tomorrow
Description: The Fun & Fit Wellness Center is a resource booth in the lobby of the Children’s Medical Services Building of UF Health Shands. It was founded by Dr. Angelina Bernier in 2016.
We provide healthy eating, physical activity, and sleep resources to patients waiting in the lobby or referred to us by their respective physicians.
Meet Our Team
Angelina Bernier, M.D.
Assistant Program Director
Director of Research and Recruitment
Director of Social Media
How Fun & Fit Can Help
Provide information on nutrition needs – from heart health snacks to meal plans!
Discover physical activities your child can engage in.
Learn how to improve sleeping habits.
Connect with Community
Get connected to events in your community like cooking classes, grocery store tours, free sports programs, and more!
Here you will find a variety of nutrition, physical activity, and sleep resources to help you on your healthy lifestyle journey. If you are in the Gainesville area, there are a few local activities for you to check out!
- General Nutrition
- Cooking Healthy Recipes
- Cooking with Kids (English | Spanish)
- Fall Snack Recipes
- Simple Menu Book
- Challenge Menu Book
- Healthy Pre-Workout Snacks (English | Spanish)
- Cinnamon Meal Plan (English | Spanish)
- Fiber Meal Plan
- Physical Activity
- Aces in Motion
- Reducing Screen Time
- Workouts with No Equipment (English | Spanish)
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Health Screener (English | Spanish)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all grocery store tours and cooking demos have been halted. Once these programs have restarted, you will be able to find them listed here.
As of January of 2023, in-person booth activities have resumed in the CMS Pediatric clinic lobby.
Description of Volunteer Activities:
- The Center works to assess the physical literacy of children with overweight and obesity and provides them with tips for healthy eating, physical activity, and sleep. Through this opportunity, you will gain valuable clinical experience interacting with patients. Volunteers must be available for two consecutive semesters.
- During a typical in-person semester, you will have direct contact with patients and work with other supervisors and people in the program to provide the best possible care. If interested or have any questions, please send an email to the Program Coordinator.