Jennifer L. Miller, MD
Office: CMS Building, Room 2126
Address: P.O. Box 100296, Gainesville, FL 32610
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA B.S./M.S 1990-1994
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL M.D. 1994-2004
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL M.S. 2003-2005
Doctor Jennifer Miller’s research focuses on investigation of the etiology and possible treatment for hyperphagia in Prader-Willi syndrome. She has been working with individuals with Prader-Willi syndrome and early-onset obesity for the past 12 years. Dr.Miller currently follows over 400 patients with Prader-Willi syndrome from around the world. She is currently working on developing clinical treatment trials for individuals of all ages with Prader-Willi syndrome.
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Miller J, Kranzler J, Liu Y, Schmafuss I, Theriaque D, Shuster J, Hatfield A, Mueller OT, Goldstone AP, Sahoo T, Beaudet AL, Driscoll DJ. Neurocognitive Findings in Prader-Willi Syndrome and Early-Onset Morbid Obesity. J Pediatr. 2006 Aug;149(2):192-8.
- Miller J, Couch J, Schmalfuss I, He G, Liu Y, Driscoll DJ. Intracranial Abnormalities Detected by Three Dimensional Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Prader-Willi Syndrome. Am J Med Genet A 2007 March; 143A (5): 476-483.
- Miller J, James GA, Goldstone A, Couch JA, He G, Driscoll DJ, Liu Y. Enhanced activation in the Orbitofrontal Cortex in Prader-Willi Syndrome in Response to Food Stimuli. J Neuro Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2007 Jun;78(6):615-9.
- Miller J, Couch J, Leonard C, Schwenk K, Towler S, Shuster J, Goldstone AP, He G, Driscoll DJ, Liu Y. Sylvian Fissure Morphology in Prader-Willi Syndrome and Early-onset Morbid Obesity. Genetics in Med. Aug 2007; 9(8): 536-43.
- Miller J, Goldstone AP, Couch JA, Shuster J, He G, Liu Y, Driscoll DJ, Schmalfuss IM. Pituitary Abnormalities in Prader-Willi Syndrome and Early-Onset Morbid Obesity. Am J Med Genet A, Apr 12, 2007.
Awards and Honors
2014 Champion of Hope Nominee
2014 Patient Choice Award
2014 Compassionate Doctor Recognition
2004 University of Florida, Department of Pediatrics, Henry J Kokomoor Award for research
2003 National Cooperative Growth Study Fellow’s Research Award