Henry Rohrs, MD
Clinical Associate Professor, Pediatric Endocrinology and Associate Director, Pediatric Residency Program
Office: Children’s Medical Services Building
1699 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608
- University of Florida BS 1996-1999
- University of Miami MD 1999-2003
- University of Florida Internship 2003-2004
- University of Florida Residency 2004-2006
- University of Florida Fellowship 2006-2009
- University of Florida Clinical Assistant Professor 2009-2016
- University of Florida Clinical Associate Professor 2016
Dr. Henry (Hank) Rohrs is a vital part of the UF Diabetes Center of Excellence’s search to “Find the Cure” and is a member of the Pediatric Endocrinology Division here at the University of Florida. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Associate Director of the Pediatric Residency Program.
- Adrenal disease
- diabetes mellitus
- pituitary disease
- calcium and bone disorders
- Walker AF, Hall JM, Shenkman EA, Gurka MJ, Morris HL, Haller MJ, Rohrs HJ, Salazar KR, Shatz DA. Geographic access to endocrinologists for Florida’s publicly insured children with diabetes. Am J Manag Care. 2018 Mar;24(4 Spec No.):SP106-SP109. No abstract available.
- Walker A, Schatz D, Johnson C, Silverstein J, Lyles S, Rohrs HJ. Type 1 diabetes through two lenses: comparing adolescent and parental perspectives with photovoice.
Int J Pediatr Endocrinol. 2016;2016:2. doi: 10.1186/s13633-016-0020-z. Epub 2016 Jan 20.
- Walker AF, Johnson C, Schatz DA, Silverstein JH, Lyles S, Rohrs HJ. Using photography as a method to explore adolescent challenges and resilience in type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Spectr. 2015 May;28(2):92-8. doi: 10.2337/diaspect.28.2.92.
- Walker AF, Schatz DA, Johnson C, Silverstein JH, Rohrs HJ. Disparities in social support systems for youths with type 1 diabetes. Clin Diabetes. 2015 Apr;33(2):62-9. doi: 10.2337/diaclin.33.2.62. Erratum in: Clin Diabetes. 2015 Jul;33(3):159.
- Walker AF, Johnson C, Schatz DA, Silverstein JH, Rohrs HJ. Puppy Love, Adolescence, and Chronic Illness: The Importance of Pets for Youth with Type 1 Diabetes. J Patient Exp. 2015 May;2(1):21-24. doi: 10.1177/237437431500200105. Epub 2015 May 1.
Honors and Awards
2017 University of Florida College of Medicine Exemplary Teacher Award
2017 Customer Service is Key Award – Customer Service is Key Physician Recognition Program
2017 Outstanding Division in Pediatrics – Pediatric Endocrinology
2016 University of Florida College of Medicine Exemplary Teacher Award- Five Year Award
2016 Golden Apple Award in Clinical Sciences – Department of Pediatrics