Angelina Bernier, MD
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics
Program Director, Pediatric Endocrine Fellowship
Phone: (352) 265-7337
Fax: (352) 627-4415
Children’s Medical Services Building
1699 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608
- University of Florida B.A. 1999
- University of Florida College of Medicine M.D. 2002
- Pediatric Residency, University of Florida 2002-2005
- Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship, University of Florida 2005-2008
Dr. Bernier is an Assistant Professor at the University of Florida in the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology. She is the Fellowship Director of the Pediatric Endocrinology Program and the Pediatric Obesity Medical Director where her focus is to establish an efficacious pediatric obesity care center. Aside from clinical responsibility and education, her primary research focus is pediatric diabetes education for which she has developed and is testing newer methods of improving learning for children with diabetes with the goal of establishing a model that can be extended to other pediatric chronic disease conditions.
- Type 1 diabetes
- Pediatric obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
- Pediatric endocrine disorders
- Chavez S, Fedele D, Guo Y, Bernier A, Smith M, Warnick J, Modave F. (2017). Mobile apps for diabetes management. Diabetes Care, 40(10): e145-e146. PMID: 28774944
- Ferraro A, Bernier A, Benoist C. Interindividual variation in human T regulatory cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2014 Mar 25:111:E1111-20.
- Bernier AV, Correia CE, Weinstein DA. Vascular dysfunction in glycogen storage disease type I. J Pediatric. 2009; 154(4):588-91.
- Bernier AV, Sentner CP, Weinstein DA. Hyperlipidemia in glycogen storage disease type III: Effect of age and metabolic control. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2008; 31(6):729-32.
Book Chapters (Invited and Peer-Reviewed)
- Valladares AI, Kemlage LC, and Weinstein DA. Inborn Errors of Fasting Adaptation Part 1: Glycogen Storage Disease. Nutrition in Pediatrics: Basic Science and Clinical Applications (Duggan C, Watkins JB, Walker WA, editors), 4th edition, Hamilton, Ontario: BC Decker, Inc, 2007.
2007 Induction in the National Hispanic Scholarship Hall of Fame
2002 Medical School Research Honors, University of Florida
1997 Junior Honors Medical Program, University of Florida